I’m not an ego blogger (duh!) and that has a reason: I don’t feel comfortable having my picture taken like here or here or here. The photo shoots resulted in around 100 pictures where only on 5 I look kind of normal. My boyfriend always says that I should stop making such a face. If I could make faces, I had a different one. One that’s super photogenic. However, I told you on Facebook that I would like you to know me. Because as Holly stated (and I’m saying this twice because I think it is really important) you should know the blogger behind a blog – even if (or even more if) the blogger isn’t a ego blogger.
I’ve been tagged for the Liebster (and similar) awards a few times for example by Anjana and Natacha but I just don’t think that you would be interested in my favourite number (if I had one) or what fruit I would be. However I promised you’ll get to know me a bit better, so I’ll post 10 random facts about me every Sunday of November (I know this is the second Sunday of this month but I just arrived on holiday, so give a girl a break!). If you have any questions regarding me or my blog, feel free to ask away and I’ll try to answer them in the next 10 random facts.
1. I have 4 sisters and 1 brother. My brother is the youngest and before you feel pity for him: I think he’s spoilt (but still ver nice, friendly and modest) and he will have his way with the ladies one day. You have seen two sisters already here and here. The other 2 are a little shy.
2. I love chocolate and it’s not a secret that I eat it (almost) every day. I once restricted myself to eat chocolate for a whole month because I wanted chocolate to feel special again. It wasn’t as difficult as I thought and I think every piece of chocolate feels special anyway so it was a waste of a whole month – never doing this again! But the good thing is: now I know I can do it and can face all those critics with pride.
3. I’m not really talented in common crafting techniques like sewing and knitting and crocheting. I do it sometimes but I’m just too impatient and (to be completely honest) lazy. When it doesn’t turn out as I hoped, I get frustrated. Then I tiptoe around the unfinished project until one day I sit down and just do it right. Also I get bored if I do one thing for a longer time period.
4. Speaking of bored: I like to keep my fingers busy. I’m terrible at just sitting there. I think that my mind works best when my fingers are occupied and I have the best ideas, thoughts and solution while I do chores or scribbling or origami.
5. I eat everything unless it’s lemon zest, caraway seeds (unless ground very fine) or too many mussels (3-4 are fine though).
6. I was living abroad twice. I was working as an Au pair in London for the most lovely family for 6 month after graduating high school and studying abroad for another 6 month in Perth, Australia.
7. Speaking of studying: I studied Communication Science and graduated with a master degree – writing my master thesis about Serious Games. I sometimes wish somebody would pay me for some postgraduate studies.
8. I had three major operations with anesthesia. I was a very unfortunate little girl.
9. I once weighed 15 kg more after being an Au Pair. I lost it the way I gained it: slowly but surely without any diet. Normally I don’t have to do much to keep my weight.
10. I would love to give classes for adults but I don’t think that I can teach anybody anything of value (what they would actually pay for).
Now. Carry on!