You know what I love most about social media: it’s so easy to get to know new people. It’s especially great when you would have never met them ever in your whole life without services like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat. Mai is one of those persons. I followed her pretty early on her Instagram account when she had only a few other followers and I loved her style. Which I let her know in the comments. Since then we had little conversations going back and forth. (Do follow her for constant styling inspiration!)
Why am I telling you this? Because this recipe for Matcha cake is from her. She shared a picture of a Matcha loaf and I asked her for the recipe because I knew I wanted to make this winter wonderland dessert.
- 80 g of warm butter
- 75 g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 g of milk
- 80 g flour
- 15 g powdered green tea (matcha)
- 8g baking soda
- 150 ml cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Sieve them into the butter-egg-mixture, add the milk and fold it carefully.
- Grease a 18 cm loaf baking tray.
- Pour the mixture into the tray and bake for 30 mins.
- While the cake cools down, beat the cream with sugar.
- Cut the bottom of the cake and cut 2 slices of the middle.
- Cut triangles out of the dough (with handmade cookie cutters or a knife).
- Crumble the rest of the cake.
- Put the crumbles into a glass, add the cream on top and put the triangles up like trees - decorate those with some more cream and voilá! You're done!
For this christmas dessert I made once again my own cookie cutters (I showed you how to make your customized cookie cutters here). It’s such a relief that I don’t have to go out and try to buy an alternative to what I actually was looking for.
Because the cake is quite spongy and soft it’s better if you use a simple shape like these triangles.
My boyfriend and I ate the cake yesterday afternoon. I don’t recommend eating it at night – unless you have a long night planned. Because of the Matcha it’ll keep you awake for quiet some time.
I love that it looks like a winter wonderland although I thought that the Matcha will make it much greener. But hey, baking is also about surprises and this is so easy to make that I consider it for my christmas dinner as well.
I know Matcha has a distinct taste and is not for everybody. You either love it or hate it. How about you? Are you in?
Now. Carry on!
Danke! Und so einfach. Probier’s. 😊
Oh my, this looks devine
Thank you, Ivory. It’s really easy to make too! 😊