As for my last post about my not-birthday-celebration I had to bake cupcakes. For decorations. To shoot – obviously – convincing pictures of me celebrating. When in fact as I was home alone and trying to take decent pictures of myself with a tripod. Don’t underestimated the time it takes to get a pic of yourself in which you look kinda sane when throwing confetti. It’s hard. Luckily I had these purple blackberry cupcakes that I could eat to get over the fact that I’m not photogenic. I’m really glad I’m not a a fashion blogger.
Also I was just looking for an excuse to make something with blackberries and chocolate again after the success of this summer cake
These cupcakes are much more picturesque and they were really patient with me.
- 2 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 110 g flour
- 6 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 110 g butter
- 160 ml milk
- 150 g blackberries
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 200 g cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar.
- Melt the butter.
- Sieve the flour, cacao powder and baking powder into the bowl with the eggs and add the melted butter and milk. Stir well.
- Line a muffing tray with paper forms and fill in the dough to 2/3.
- Place 1 blackberry on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- For the topping: blend the blackberries with the sugar and sieve it through a cotton cloth.
- Mix it with the cream cheese and pipe it on top of the cooled down muffins. Decorate to your liking.
I took a little more blackberries as in this recipe which made my topping much runnier. I’d adjusted the recipe for you, so you should be good to go!
I love how cheesy this shoot turned out. Like for a princess party. But once I got my hands on this deco supplies, I had to go all the way. Sometimes I love it girly.
Now. Carry on!