I guess you’re pretty surprised that it’s not another drink recipe I’m sharing here? Well, I have to mix things up to stay interesting. At least that’s what people keep telling me. Also I wanted to make avocado chocolate mousse for far too long and always drag avocados home and them eating them on bread – just the way I like it. So once I got my hand on a whole bunch of avocados I thought it was time to try it.
After I tasted it, I can say: it sure tastes healthy. You can still taste the avocado but it’s also rich and chocolatey and delicious. So I guess it’s a win! Have you ever tried avocado chocolate cream?
- 2 avocados
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 banana
- 2 Tbsp baking cacao
- 3 Tbsp milk (almond milk or regular milk)
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 10 g butter
- Peel the avocados and put them into a blender with all other ingredients.
- Blend until it comes a smooth consistency and fill it into popsicle containers.
- Freeze for a few hours.
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath and add the butter.
- Take the popsicles out of the freezer and its shell and dip them in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle salt on top and when the chocolate has harden, it's ready to enjoy!
After freezing they didn’t taste as sweet anymore – although the warm mixture was already quite sweet. I might have to add some more sweetness when I make them again. Please note that through the freezing it won’t taste as sweet anymore.
Now that I finishing this blogpost, I’ll enjoy another popsicle on the balcony – in the sun that just came out. Yeah to summer!
Now. Carry on!