Food

Elderflower strawberry bubbles.

June 20, 2014

Thank god it’s friday. Although yesterday was a public holiday in Austria (which is almost like a weekend during the week), I’m ready for some days off. Maybe it’s because yesterday felt like a weekend? Is today then something like a wrong Monday? Could be. Definitely feels like it. Well into the weekend I go now. And what’s a better source of relaxation than a drink? Maybe a massage. Or some chocolate. Definitely some chocolate. Maybe I have it after this deliciously refreshing and summer themed cocktail with fresh strawberries and elderflower syrup.

strawberry-balm-prosecco-wedding-drink-recipe

All you need for 1 glass is:
– 4 strawberries
– 2 cl elderflower syrup
– 1/8 l prosecco
– 1/8 l soda

For the alcoholic elderflower and strawberry drink cut the strawberries and smash them with the balm syrup. Sieve the syrup into a glass and add the prosecco and soda. Mix well and serve chilled. Enjoy!

strawberry-balm-prosecco-cocktail

Do you remember last year when I shared my recipe for elderflower syrup with you? Of course I made it again (like the year before that and the year before that – quite a long tradition when I think of it). I made about 9 liter cordial and without giving any of it away, I have only (!) 6 liter left. Yes, it’s the best drink on hot summer days.

pink-strawberry-summer-cocktail

And now that I invented a cocktail with it, it’s going to diminish itself even faster. What a shame. Next year I’ll have to make at least 12 litre of elderflower syrup. (I once met a couple that make every other year 40 liter of syrup – in the bathtub! That picture makes me laugh every time I think of it. They give away a lot but still. 40 liter sure make a lot of this beautiful drink!)

strawberry-balm-bubbles

I’m really proud of the wild roses that I used to decorate with. Aren’t they the prettiest?! It’s a shame they don’t last long. Well for a few days (or a very special night)… they make the perfect decoration.

strawberry-balm-prosecco-summer-drink

Now I’m really off into the weekend. Talk soon.

• Reply Elsbeth June 20, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Wunderschöne Bilder! Danke!

• Reply Look what I found: strawberries! | Look what I made! June 21, 2014 at 6:36 pm

[…] 6. This most beautiful elderflower strawberry cake by one of my favorite Blogger on Call Me Cupcake (also because elderflower and strawberries are such a perfect pair.) […]

• Reply Rhubarb cream (cheese) cake. | Look what I made! June 25, 2014 at 6:56 pm

[…] yes, I’m obsessed with wild roses as props – as you might have noticed on several occasions. I’m sorry. I can’t help it. They are my garden […]

Instagram Slider

• working on a secret project and there's pizza
#bestday #iminheaven

working on a secret project and there's pizza #bestday #iminheaven

• if you're looking for some #comfort #food for this weekend, look no further than on my blog!

i share my #grandma's #recipe for #apple #strudel

if you're looking for some #comfort #food for this weekend, look no further than on my blog! i share my #grandma's #recipe for #apple #strudel

• look, mum, no socks!

#morninglight #white #sandals

look, mum, no socks! #morninglight #white #sandals

• a little about my summer holiday in south tyrol up on the blog

if youdon't miss #summer or #holidays enough ona #monday evening

#blog #traveling #lwim

a little about my summer holiday in south tyrol up on the blog if youdon't miss #summer or #holidays enough ona #monday evening #blog #traveling #lwim

• Evening stroll through the park in this fine hour
I'm enjoying the warm weather as long as I possibly can.
      2 weeks ago

Evening stroll through the park in this fine hour I'm enjoying the warm weather as long as I possibly can.

Sarah and I live in Vienna, Austria. I like DIY but I am not that good at sewing, crotcheting and knitting. But who am I to give up trying?