DIY

Superdatti.

March 6, 2013

You probably wonder what that title means. Well, my boyfriend invented that word. Talk about a genius! Leonardo who?! When my boyfriend was little he had a cushion like others had a baby blanket and that cushion was called Datti. The original Datti got thrown away by his mother. One of the darkest days in his life.

Now my boyfriend has a bedtime routine which is listening to podcasts, audio books and radioplays. Most of the times I listen too but sometimes I just want to sleep. And for these times I made something special for him: a Superdatti!

superdatti_on_couch

What it is? Basically just a cushion with built-in headphones. And the best thing about it, it’s a very easy crafting project and the best present for music lovers.

– a pillow
– headphones
– a scissor
– some left-over fabric
– some threat
– a metall saw

superdatti_supply

Saw the frame from the earpieces.

superdatti_headphones

Create a little pouch for the headphones and sew them in (be careful with the cable though!).

superdatti_headphones_pouch

Open the cushion and insert the pouch with the headphones.

superdatti_open

Close the hole again. The plug and most of the cable should still stick out. And it’s done! This will only take 20 mins if you have all the materials ready.

superdatti_finishedsuperdatti_on_couch

Now look what I made!

Do you remember this cushion cover? I showed you the tutorial last week…

What do you think? Isn’t that the perfect present for music lovers, children and podcast-fans?!

• Reply Colleen March 7, 2013 at 3:07 am

Love this! Thanks for sharing this idea. Did you stick the pouch in the center of the pillow fluff or is it between the fluff and pillow fabric?

• Reply Sarah March 7, 2013 at 8:15 am

It is between the fluff but as you use it it will move a little and get closer to the pillow fabric. For my first Superdatti I didn’t use a pouch and the headphones got separated. The pouch should help to keep them close.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, let me know!

• Reply Tutorial – Embroidered Pillow With Real Headphones « StitchPunk March 7, 2013 at 8:35 pm

[...] while lying down. Want to know how? Get the tutorial on how to stitch the headphones into a pillow here, and then get the quick embroidered pillow cover tutorial here, all over on Look What I [...]

• Reply ruth March 8, 2013 at 12:03 pm

absolutely brilliant!!

• Reply Sarah March 10, 2013 at 11:58 pm

That’s so cool! My fiance is mad for podcasts, I think I’ll have to make him one.

• Reply Sarah March 13, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Thank you so much. I hope he enjoys the Superdatti. I would love to see yours!

• Reply Anh Lê March 12, 2013 at 8:14 am

Such a brilliant idea! I like it :)

• Reply Wanna be my friend? | Look what I made! May 10, 2013 at 9:00 pm

[…] I lost my focus.This will be about another 2-post-project like I told you on Twitter. Like the Superdatti and its cover. So this post is important for the post next week but also a project on its own. […]

• Reply Christmas presents for the hard-to-present. | Look what I made! December 18, 2013 at 7:05 pm

[…] Cushion with built in headphones 2| Terrarium 3| Tea shelf out of a wine box 4| Personlized wall art 5 |Handmade friendship […]

• Reply Wire basket. | Look what I made! January 21, 2014 at 7:54 pm

[…] here” could totally be my invention. It isn’t but I invented so many things like the Superdatti and Breakfast Ice-cream. I don’t have to invent everything. I’m not Nikola Tesla. […]

Instagram Slider

• a little about my summer holiday in south tyrol up on the blog

if youdon't miss #summer or #holidays enough ona #monday evening

#blog #traveling #lwim

a little about my summer holiday in south tyrol up on the blog if youdon't miss #summer or #holidays enough ona #monday evening #blog #traveling #lwim

• Evening stroll through the park in this fine hour
I'm enjoying the warm weather as long as I possibly can.

Evening stroll through the park in this fine hour I'm enjoying the warm weather as long as I possibly can.

• sweet potatoe gugelhupf by @orangenmond for breakfast

nomnomnomnom, tastes a little like banana bread. so good!

sweet potatoe gugelhupf by @orangenmond for breakfast nomnomnomnom, tastes a little like banana bread. so good!

• i turned an old top into a backpack with the easiest and fastest tutorial ever!
#diy #upcycling #FTW #lwim

full tutorial on the #blog | link in profile
      2 weeks ago

i turned an old top into a backpack with the easiest and fastest tutorial ever! #diy #upcycling #FTW #lwim full tutorial on the #blog | link in profile

• the perfect weather for some #minigolf
      2 weeks ago

the perfect weather for some #minigolf

Sarah and I live in Vienna, Austria. I like DIY but I am not that good at sewing, crotcheting and knitting. But who am I to give up trying?