While I’m currently in Mallorca on my fall holiday, I’m thinking of all the people that are now at work or working from home. I’m considerate like that. Because just before I made this awesome Home Office Lunch that’s perfect for this time of the year and I wanted to share it with you.
For those who are following for a longer time: I had this series of recipes for (Home) Office Lunches. Back when I started working as a freelancer. I haven’t done one for quite some time. Due to the circumstances that I had hardly any time to prepare a healthy meal and when I had I revisited old recipes I shared here already.
So now this. It’s easy and healthy – so the perfect fuel for a creative day.
- half a cup of polenta
- half a cup of milk
- half a cup of water
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- fresh cherry tomatoes
- two spring onion
- a handful of mushrooms
- a handful of arugula
- 2 Tbsp of oil to fry mushrooms
- salt, pepper
- Heat the milk with water in a pot.
- Season the mixture.
- Add the polenta and switch off the heat while still leaving the pot on. Stir well.
- Cut the mushrooms and spring onions into slices.
- Preheat a pan with the oil and fry the onions and the mushrooms.
- Season with a little salt and add the tomatoes to heat them as well.
- Place the finished polenta in a bowl, add the mushrooms on top, the cherry tomatoes and the arugula.
Now that I’m looking at this pictures and recall the taste, I’m wondering why I’m not cooking more often for myself at lunch. Oh, I know why. Because I forget to buy ingredients and then I don’t have anything at home.
Maybe I should get more organized and by more stuff in advance. It’s crazy how much healthier I eat and how cheaper it is if you make your own lunches. Also I don’t get that tired in the afternoon. The benefits are there. But then I’m lazy and uninspired and don’t follow up on my resolution.
So help me out: what recipe should I try? What taste combinations do you like? Let me know in the comments!
Now. Carry on!