When I’m in love with something, I fall hard. I get obsessed to be precised. I forbid myself to start Pokemon Go because I know if I do, I won’t do anything else. That same goes with things I try. I had this Matcha phase 7 years ago when a japanese tea place opened in Vienna and I just recently re-discovered it. So besides making an Matcha ice tea, I now created this Matcha ice cream popsicle.
So good! The mascarpone adds some richness – maybe next time I cut out on it because once I start eating, I won’t stop after one… 😁
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 Tbsp powder sugar
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Put the mascarpone in a bowl and stir with 1/2 cup of milk, sugar and lime juice until it becomes a smooth consistency.
- Put the rest of the milk into a smaller bowl and add the matcha powder. Stir well (it's best done with a matcha whisk) until the matcha is dissolved.
- Bring both together and stir well.
- Sprinkle some matcha into some popsicle molds. Pour the ice cream in and freeze over night.
- Voilá! Ready is your matcha ice cream popsicle
You’ll find me now on the balcony enjoying this treat. I get now totally why countries in the South celebrate their fiesta. It’s so hard to work after lunch and I’m not one that breaks out a sweat easily…
Who’s guilty of biting of junks of a popsicle as well? I can never help it and I may or may not become a brain freeze every time. I seem to never learn my lesson. Well, I’m a passionate ice cream eater and these Matcha ice cream popsicles are just too good. What can I say?!
How are you coping with the heat? Any advice is welcome!
Now. Carry on!