It’s been a while since illy (yes, the coffee brand) asked me to join a challenge. I guess you know what my answer was if you follow me on Instagram: Uhm, where do I sign?! There was nothing to sign except for the parcel that came soon after containing a coffee machine and the first batch of coffee capsules. Ever since I get a new batch of different coffee capsules each month and the task is to fill in what aroma profile the coffee has. Easier said than done! This really challenges my flavor palette.
I tell you, this is so tricky! Every month I taste the new Monoarabica coffee from illy and do I have any profile right? I doubt it.
But it gives a great justification to my (now even higher) coffee consumption. “Let me try it one more time, I’m sure I can tell if it’s more chocolate flavored or more bitter…”
Also now that I have so much coffee in the house, I experiment with new recipes. This coffee granita is just one of those. So brace yourself, there are more coming…
- 200 ml coffee (I used espressos but you can go for an option with less caffein)
- 100 ml milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar (or more if you like)
- Brew the coffee.
- Add the sugar and stir well.
- Add the milk and stir some more.
- Put it in the freezer and let it freeze completely.
- Take the frozen coffee out of the freezer and let it defrost for 20 mins. Take a fork and scratch the surface to get little flakes of coffee. Put those in glasses and serve right away or store them in the freezer for a quick and cool caffein fix.
The Espressos make my version very strong but now that I’m in training, I can eat this and still go to bed and sleep well. Not sure if that’s a plus but I’ll take it.
I’m not sure if this is a dessert or a drink – it certainly is a treat and one that leaves you refreshed and wide awake. Now can I have a bucket of this please? Pretty please?
What’s your favorite coffee? Did you ever try coffee from different origins and can you taste the difference?
Now. Carry on!