Food

Rose infused vinegar

July 8, 2014

You probably saw that I’m currently on holiday on instagram. I’m having the time of my life so far: eating well, exploring nature and learning new things (I’m currently into wild herbs and flowers and what you can do with them). This brings me to today’s post. I never forget you – even if I’m on holiday. Don’t worry. How could I?! I love to take you along! But before I show you pictures of where I’ve been and what I’ve done, I love to share a very easy recipe for rose infused vinegar with you.

how-to-rose-flavored-vinegar

– 2 handfuls of rose pedals
– 1 litre white wine vinegar

Put the rose pedals in bottles and top it off with vinegar.

peonie-rose-infused-vinegar-summer-salad

Let it infuse for 2 weeks somewhere bright and shiny and sieve it into sealable bottles.

heart-rose-pedal-vinegar

The rose pedals come from my moms garden and some of the tiny flowers looked like hearts. Aren’t they the cutest?

rose-pedals-for-vinegar

I already made a salad with this vineagar and it’s really good. The rose flavor is not overpowering but gives a nice depth and slight sophisticated flavor to the salad.

homemade-rose-infused-vinegar

Now after the strawberry vinegar this is my second endeavor in making vinegar and I love it! It’s so easy and quick and makes every salad (and in the hot months I eat lots of those) a special twist.

rose-infused-vinegar-recipe

Try it yourself! It also makes a perfect gift for every foodie.

• Reply rebeccassunday July 8, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Amazing! I’m sure it tasted delicious but also looks beautiful. I must give it a go!

• Reply Sarah July 9, 2014 at 9:27 am

Please do. You will not be disappointed. It’s so easy and good.

• Reply Porcini infused olive oil. - LOOK WHAT I MADE ...LOOK WHAT I MADE … September 2, 2014 at 5:18 pm

[…] know I like infusing stuff. I guess I proofed that (on several occasions). At least I’ve done that with vinegar quite a […]

Instagram Slider

• meeting the always lovely @kathmo and talking about life and what not

meeting the always lovely @kathmo and talking about life and what not

• My love turned 30 yesterday and I wrote a little about him on the blog.
If you don't like cheesyness, you better avoid the post.
#linkinprofile #love

My love turned 30 yesterday and I wrote a little about him on the blog. If you don't like cheesyness, you better avoid the post. #linkinprofile #love

• working on a secret project and there's pizza
#bestday #iminheaven
      2 weeks ago

working on a secret project and there's pizza #bestday #iminheaven

• if you're looking for some #comfort #food for this weekend, look no further than on my blog!

i share my #grandma's #recipe for #apple #strudel
      2 weeks ago

if you're looking for some #comfort #food for this weekend, look no further than on my blog! i share my #grandma's #recipe for #apple #strudel

• look, mum, no socks!

#morninglight #white #sandals
      2 weeks ago

look, mum, no socks! #morninglight #white #sandals

Sarah and I live in Vienna, Austria. I like DIY but I am not that good at sewing, crotcheting and knitting. But who am I to give up trying?