Food, Preserving

Rose infused vinegar

July 8, 2014

You probably saw that I’m currently on holiday on instagram. I’m having the time of my life so far: eating well, exploring nature and learning new things (I’m currently into wild herbs and flowers and what you can do with them). This brings me to today’s post. I never forget you – even if I’m on holiday. Don’t worry. How could I?! I love to take you along! But before I show you pictures of where I’ve been and what I’ve done, I love to share a very easy recipe for rose infused vinegar with you.

how-to-rose-flavored-vinegar

– 2 handfuls of rose pedals
– 1 litre white wine vinegar

Put the rose pedals in bottles and top it off with vinegar.

peonie-rose-infused-vinegar-summer-salad

Let it infuse for 2 weeks somewhere bright and shiny and sieve it into sealable bottles.

heart-rose-pedal-vinegar

The rose pedals come from my moms garden and some of the tiny flowers looked like hearts. Aren’t they the cutest?

rose-pedals-for-vinegar

I already made a salad with this vineagar and it’s really good. The rose flavor is not overpowering but gives a nice depth and slight sophisticated flavor to the salad.

homemade-rose-infused-vinegar

Now after the strawberry vinegar this is my second endeavor in making vinegar and I love it! It’s so easy and quick and makes every salad (and in the hot months I eat lots of those) a special twist.

rose-infused-vinegar-recipe

Try it yourself! It also makes a perfect gift for every foodie.

• Reply rebeccassunday July 8, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Amazing! I’m sure it tasted delicious but also looks beautiful. I must give it a go!

• Reply Sarah July 9, 2014 at 9:27 am

Please do. You will not be disappointed. It’s so easy and good.

• Reply Porcini infused olive oil. - LOOK WHAT I MADE ...LOOK WHAT I MADE … September 2, 2014 at 5:18 pm

[…] know I like infusing stuff. I guess I proofed that (on several occasions). At least I’ve done that with vinegar quite a […]

Instagram

• sunset from the golf course

21 hours ago

sunset from the golf course I played golf or at least molested a golf ball 3 days before christmas. it was epic. not.

• my minimal #christmas #decoration hangs over the dining table

see more details on the blog

my minimal #christmas #decoration hangs over the dining table see more details on the blog

• cookies! ?

cookies! ?

• mandarin love for christmas

mandarin love for christmas

• this #sunset in december in #vienna

#ColdSeasonVie #igersvienna
      2 weeks ago

this #sunset in december in #vienna #ColdSeasonVie #igersvienna

Sarah and I live in Vienna, Austria. I like DIY especially upcycling, combining unusual techniques and materials. If you have any questions regarding the tutorials and/or me, please contact me via e-mail.

You can find out more about me on my About Me page.

blogwolke.de - Das Blog-Verzeichnis Blogverzeichnis - Bloggerei.de