Food

Rhubarb cream (cheese) cake.

June 25, 2014

We had a few quite hot days in Vienna, so I thought a refreshing rhubarb cream cheese cake recipe  just what I need. So I baked it in the evening and I forbid my boyfriend to eat a piece before I had taken pictures in the morning. You should have seen his frown. Be patient, my dear! But I hadn’t had space in the fridge (how does it happen that no matter how big the fridge it’s always full?!) and I didn’t want to stuff my lovely cake inside (also being afraid that the cake takes on the fridge smell and I don’t have a real cake plastic box with a lid). So I just left it outside with the cake ring still around it – close by the open window to leave it as cool as possible.
Then in the morning I opened the cake ring and put the cake on a plate and it looked delicious! I arranged my photo space and that’s when I saw that my cake started to slip on one side. It looked like a glacier under the influence of global warming in time-lapse. Imagine how horrified I was! However I pulled myself together and quickly snapped pictures of the better side of the cake and put it back into the cake ring and finally in the fridge. So if you wonder why you only see the right side of the cake – you know. You and everyone else. I’m horrible at keeping secrets from you.

rhubarb-cream-cheese-cake-recipe

– 500 g rhubarb
– 10 g strawberry puree
– 4 tbsp rhubarb syrup (or strawberry syrup)
– 205 g cream cheese
– 250 cream (beaten)
– 150 g sugar
– 9 pieces of gelatin

Make a sponge. Bake it.

For this easy rhubarb and cream cheese reicpe peel the rhubarb and cut it into small pieces. Let 8 pieces of the gelatin soften in a bowl with cold water. Put it in a pan and heat with the rhubarb syrup until it’s soft. Add the gelatin and stir until it’s completely dissolved Blend it well until you have a smooth mixture. Let it cool down. Meanwhile mix the cream cheese and add half of the rhubarb puree. Slowly add the beaten cream. Add a cake ring around your sponge and make a circle with the cream around the edges. Fill the circle with 1/2 of the left over rhubarb puree and fill the ring with all of the rhubarb cream. Put the whole cake into the fridge and let it cool over night. In the morning put the gelatin into cold water and heat the rest of the rhubarb puree with the strawberry puree and dissolve the gelatin. Put it aside and let it cool until it’s handwarm. Pour the mixture on top of the cake. Let it cool in the fridge for another 2 hours and now it’s ready to serve!

rhubarb-creamcheese-cake-summer-recipe

Doesn’t the cake look refreshing and light – perfect for any summer party or birthday. Now I only need a garden to host it.

rhubarb-creamcheese-cake

And yes, I’m obsessed with wild roses as props – as you might have noticed on several occasions. I’m sorry. I can’t help it. They are my garden compensation.

rhubarb-cream-cheese-cake-detail

• Reply Anjana @ At The Corner Of Happy & Harried June 26, 2014 at 2:52 am

That cheesecake looks scrumptious!

• Reply Ema Jones June 26, 2014 at 7:48 am

Super-like!!
    I made Diabetic-friendly Chocolate Cheesecake

• Reply huntfortheverybest July 1, 2014 at 5:49 am

it is gorgeous!

Instagram Slider

• hot #tea and wool jumper kind of day.

#nail #art inspired by @jengotch
      18 hours ago

hot #tea and wool jumper kind of day. #nail #art inspired by @jengotch and yes, let's consider that i had the patience to paint my nails. and it doesn't look messy. at least this hand.

• what i love about #switzerland? they serve (good) #chocolate with your #coffee. can this please be a regular thing in vienna too?!

• I have so much to do, I procrastinate making todo list booklets

Find the #diy #tutorial on the blog #lwim

I have so much to do, I procrastinate making todo list booklets Find the #diy #tutorial on the blog #lwim

• what a beautiful indian summer in vienna

what a beautiful indian summer in vienna

• Look, I made this gugelhupf for the short notice #birthday party of my sister.

If you need the #recipe for a last minute #cake search for

Look, I made this gugelhupf for the short notice #birthday party of my sister. If you need the #recipe for a last minute #cake search for "mohr im hemd" on the blog #lwim

Sarah and I live in Vienna, Austria. I like DIY but I am not that good at sewing, crotcheting and knitting. If you have any questions regarding the tutorials and/or me, please contact me via e-mail.

You can find out more about me on my About Me page.