decoration, DIY

Easter chick.

April 11, 2014

Eggs are boring. Easter is always about eggs and to be honest. They bore me a little bit. There is only so much you can do with it (like plant them) but in terms of decoration, they are boring. So I took the time and thought beyond the egg. Literally. I made a little chick for Easter decoration.

easter-chick-decoration-detail

As soon as I was done with one, my boyfriend said: “Cute. I used to make those in kindergarden.” Pah. What does he know?!

easter-chick-supplies

– yellow thread
– orange and black paper
– small scissors
– a fork
– glue

easter-chick-step1

1. Wrap the thread around the fork as seen in the picture above.

easter-chick-step2

2. Cut a little piece of the the excessive thread and pull the wrapped thread of the fork. Tie it in the middle together. It should look like a small bow.

easter-chick-step3

3. Cut it open as seen above.

easter-chick-step4

4. It looks like a very wild ball now but don’t worry. Now comes the make-up. Just cut off the thread to the same length.

Easter-chick-step5

5. You will get a lovely tiny little ball like this.

6. Cut some feet, a peak and eyes out of the paper and stick it to the yellow ball and voilΓ‘! You have a little chick!

easer-decoration-chicks

I made two and they are now sitting a room plant.

chick-in-a-pot-easter-decoration

It makes me smile just to look at them.

• Reply Lin April 11, 2014 at 6:58 pm

So cute!!!!

• Reply Oh, the Fun of It April 14, 2014 at 8:25 pm

These are cute!

• Reply weiberkombinat June 16, 2014 at 10:10 am

Oh, they remember me of my childhood, we used to make them as well. Next Easter I should make some with my children. So nice!

• Reply Sarah June 16, 2014 at 10:18 am

That’s sweet. I’d love to see the result… πŸ™‚

• Reply Happy easter (table). | Look what I made! April 20, 2014 at 2:37 pm

[…] used this little chicks for a little Easter bouquet. And […]

• Reply weiberkombinat June 16, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Gern, gern (ich hoffe ich vergesse das nicht, so wie mein Englisch : …. they remind me … nicht ….remember …ab jetzt schreibe ich auf Deutsch ;o)! Herzlichst, Anja

• Reply Sarah June 16, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Kein Problem. Ich habe alles verstanden… πŸ˜‰

• Reply 30 is the new 20. - LOOK WHAT I MADE ...LOOK WHAT I MADE … September 24, 2014 at 7:14 pm

[…] mostly in a negative way (like that he forbids me to store random things at home or that he finds my crafting childish) however he’s one of my biggest supporter. He is the one that gives me the time and space to […]