Eggs are boring. Easter is always about eggs and to be honest. They bore me a little bit. There is only so much you can do with it (like plant them) but in terms of decoration, they are boring. So I took the time and thought beyond the egg. Literally. I made a little chick for Easter decoration.
As soon as I was done with one, my boyfriend said: “Cute. I used to make those in kindergarden.” Pah. What does he know?!
All you need is:
– yellow thread
– orange and black paper
– small scissors
– a fork
1. Wrap the thread around the fork as seen in the picture above.
2. Cut a little piece of the the excessive thread and pull the wrapped thread of the fork. Tie it in the middle together. It should look like a small bow.
3. Cut it open as seen above.
4. It looks like a very wild ball now but don’t worry. Now comes the make-up. Just cut off the thread to the same length.
5. You will get a lovely tiny little ball like this.
6. Cut some feet, a peak and eyes out of the paper and stick it to the yellow ball and voilá! You have a little chick!
I made two and they are now sitting a room plant.
It makes me smile just to look at them.
Now. Carry on!