Eggs are boring. Easter is always about eggs and to be honest. They bore me a little bit. There is only so much you can do with it (like plant them) but in terms of decoration, they are boring. So I took the time and thought beyond the egg. Literally. I made a little chick for Easter decoration.
As soon as I was done with one, my boyfriend said: “Cute. I used to make those in kindergarden.” Pah. What does he know?!
All you need is:
– yellow thread
– orange and black paper
– small scissors
– a fork
1. Wrap the thread around the fork as seen in the picture above.
2. Cut a little piece of the the excessive thread and pull the wrapped thread of the fork. Tie it in the middle together. It should look like a small bow.
3. Cut it open as seen above.
4. It looks like a very wild ball now but don’t worry. Now comes the make-up. Just cut off the thread to the same length.
5. You will get a lovely tiny little ball like this.
6. Cut some feet, a peak and eyes out of the paper and stick it to the yellow ball and voilá! You have a little chick!
I made two and they are now sitting a room plant.
It makes me smile just to look at them.
Now. Carry on!
These are cute!
Oh, they remember me of my childhood, we used to make them as well. Next Easter I should make some with my children. So nice!
That’s sweet. I’d love to see the result… 🙂
[…] used this little chicks for a little Easter bouquet. And […]
Gern, gern (ich hoffe ich vergesse das nicht, so wie mein Englisch : …. they remind me … nicht ….remember …ab jetzt schreibe ich auf Deutsch ;o)! Herzlichst, Anja
Kein Problem. Ich habe alles verstanden… 😉
[…] mostly in a negative way (like that he forbids me to store random things at home or that he finds my crafting childish) however he’s one of my biggest supporter. He is the one that gives me the time and space to […]