accessoires, DIY

Fresh as a daisy.

May 25, 2013

Did I tell you that I’m on holiday? Can’t seem to mention it enough. So much time on my hand, enough to create a blog post every day. But I use the time rather for inspiration and planning as you might have seen if you follow me on Instagram.

You’ve seen the result of today’s tutorial probably already on my post about my new jeans shorts. The thing is: I have a problem with boredom. When it comes to sitting still and doing one task at a time I’m really horrible. Even at work I do 2-3 tasks at a time. However when it comes to crafting, I’m much more focused and get into a flow that I can hardly describe to anybody who hasn’t experienced the same. This is probably what got this whole blogging thing started.

daisy_wreath1

But look what I made in the botanical garden (while my boyfriend was lying in the grass, enjoying the sun): a tiny wreath out of daisies. It’s quite easily made and you don’t need anything but some daisies and your hand.

daisy_meadow

Collect a few daisies. You need quite a lot and selected those with stronger stems.

daisy_bunch

Make a hole into the stem with your finger nail.

daisy_whole

And do this with many daisies more. The hole shouldn’t be bigger than the flower.

daisy_row

Now take two daisies and put the stem of one through the hole other. It should look like this:

daisy_braid

Now take the daisy that you just threaded through the hole and put another daisy through its hole. Keep on doing this unitl it is so long that it would sit nicely on your head. In the last daisy you need a bigger hole through which you can thread the flower of the first daisy. Voilรก. That’s it.

daisy_wreath

You can cut the longer stems if you like. I like the special effect of them hanging done. When would you wear this daisy wreath?

daisy_wreath_detail

• Reply spoolish May 25, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Gorgeous shots. This is something seemingly simple but I can never seem to do it right. Thanks for the step-by-step. I find flower wreaths are a must have for outdoor photo shoots ๐Ÿ™‚ Cheers.

• Reply Sarah May 25, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Thank you. It’s really easy. If you’re stuck, you know now who to ask… ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply daddystractor May 25, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Perfect! Used to do this with those purple weeds I called clover (they’re not) but I always tried to tie them. Your way is much prettier!

• Reply Bunny Eats Design May 26, 2013 at 10:53 pm

It’s been far too long since I made a daisy chain. When we were kids we used to go for quantity rather than quality and the easy way to go long is to pick flowers with as long a stem as possible. It meant they were mostly stems! Yours looks much nicer with lots of flowers on it though. I remember the boys used to try and buy daisy chains off us to gift to the girls they liked. Ah innocence.

• Reply Agy May 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm

This reminds me of when I was a kid! We would pick daisies and buttercups too, and then make the daisy chain. With the buttercups we would rub them on our chins and, as the saying goes, if our chins turned yellow it meant we really like butter!

• Reply Ashโ€ข May 29, 2013 at 11:27 am

This a great project for when I babysit! I can just take the kids outside and we can make flower crowns! Thanks;)

• Reply Sarah May 29, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I’m sure they love it!

• Reply Feeling blue. | Look what I made! May 31, 2013 at 7:25 pm

[…] cookie or some chocolate or an apple. Unfortuantely there’re not always around. After we took this photos in the botanical garden, we walked on and suddenly it happened. From one moment to the other I […]

• Reply andmorefood June 4, 2013 at 12:30 am

never knew this was how you did it! now to find some daisies..

• Reply Hitting the road. | Look what I made! June 11, 2013 at 9:00 pm

[…] it was ok with me. The best days where when we were at the botanical garden where I made the Daisy wreath and another day in Bellagio at Lake Como when we discovered the town center. The weather was very […]