Are you already in a christmas mood? I gave up. The seasons have been passing too fast and I’ve been so busy. So I’m not concentrating on that one day but try to celebrate winter. With getting and giving presents being just the beginning.
So I’m making more decoration that are not really reflecting christmas but more winter. So I don’t have to re-decorate just after a few days (not that I were prepare to do it. Normally I quickly switch to Easter decoration just in time. Who’s with me?!). So as I’m coming up with ideas I try to go for simple and winter-y (that’s a word!) theme.
So this is my simple table decoration: a winter land in a glass. The best thing you don’t have to do much for about a week. Easy to maintain and minimalistic? Yes! Double-win!
All you need for this winter landscape in a glass:
- a huge empty glass (I got mine from Ikea)
- a tiny fir with the roots in a sealed plastic bag
- a tiny ilex with the roots in a sealed plastic bag
1. This is how I prepare the tree for the glass – with this plastic bag for the roots it doesn’t need any maintenance for a week!
2. Put the trees into the glass.
3. Drape the moss over the plastic bags and all around the trees. Arrange the stones and sticks and it’s done.
4. I thought that it looks a little plain, so I made a tiny paper house from a tutorial by Helena from Crafts & Creativity. That one is awesome and done in 10 mins!
Voilá! This is my new table decoration.
I’m sure my boyfriend likes it too because he’s always worried about cleaning. (He does it!) And tiny things spread out somewhere are the worst for him! So it’s all captured in a glass and needs no dusting (and did I mention easy to maintain?!).
Now. Carry on!