When my mum allowed my to raid her red currant bushes I wasn’t sure if I should make this cake or something new. You know my obsession now with drinks I guess, so it might be no surprise that I tried to make one with currant. Something refreshing and uplifting since I’ve been working really hard preparing all this posts for my holiday – when this is published I’m on holiday, so say hi on snapchat @sarahnade01!
Now look at the color of this currant mate ice tea. Isn’t it stunning?
- 100 g red currants
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp mate tea
- 200 ml hot water
- 750 ml cold water
- ice cubes
- Blend the red currants with the sugar and 50 ml of water in a blender.
- Sieve it through a fine sieve or – even better – a cotton cloth.
- Infuse the hot water for 10 mins with the mate tea. Sieve it.
- Add the currant syrup to the mate tea and cold water.
- Leave it in the fridge for 2 hours to cool it down completely and enjoy on any hot day!
A tip on the side: freeze some of the ice tea in cubes to serve so it doesn’t water down when you cool it.
I solemnly swear that this is not the last drink recipe you see on this blog but I also promise that it will be the last for a while – at least a week!
I hope you enjoy summer as much as I do on holiday!
Now. Carry on!